Sunday, May 12, 2019

Moms

This week we heard lots of good stories about Moms.  We read Five Minutes Peace, All In One Piece both by Jill Murphy as well as Blueberries for Sal, a Caldecott winner from 1949, and My Mom is Fantastic.  During circle time, the kids shared with each other things they love about their moms.  Some of the things they said were, "I love playing with my mom", "My mom makes the best macaroni and cheese," "I like it when my mom takes me to the park," and "sometimes my mom buys me ice cream...my favorite is cotton candy!!"

We had fun making a special gift and card for our fantastic moms!

Graham was our Maple Leaf this week.  He shared his poster with us on Tuesday and on Wednesday his mom, two big sisters and his dog, Humphrey, came for a visit.  His sisters and his mom each read us a story.  We had a chance to pet Humphrey and he showed us how he can shake!  Thanks Graham for helping to make our week extra special!

Listening to one of Graham's favorite stories with his sisters, mom and Humphrey!!

Happy Mother's Day!!  The kids all picked the color background they wanted and painted it, then they picked the color flowers they thought their Mom would like the best, finally they added stems and leaves to their masterpieces!!  

Joan helped the kids make Mother's Day cards.

A special treat that Graham brought in for his Maple Leaf week.  Yum....and so pretty too...thanks Graham!!

Preschool STEM activity...creating patterns and designs with pegs.

Morning activity time...it's so cool to see the kids taking turns and playing games all by themselves, they are playing Zitternix (colored sticks) and a color matching game. 

We definitely have some future engineers in our class!!

It rained this week so we did indoor movement instead.  Here we are playing the Beanie Bag Dance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment